- If Events are not showing, click on the \"Events\" tab on the toolbar above.
Licensing and Ordination In the EFCA
The purpose of a ministerial credential is (1) to affirm God’s call upon a person’s life; (2) to verify that this person meets the qualifications and standards in The Evangelical Free Church of America; (3) to approve this person for ministerial service under the auspices of The Evangelical Free Church of America; and (4) to provide legal status in the exercise of that person’s ministry.
The Ministerial Credential within the Evangelical Free Church is one which is a recommendation of the local church, the District and the National Board of Ministerial Standing. The following files explain the requirements, process and procedure. Once a candidate’s file is complete within the Rocky Mountain District office with all documents and the thesis submitted, a credentialing council will be scheduled.
EFCA Credentialing – This is a link to the EFCA web site which provides all the links to different credentials including the documents you need to receive any type of license or ordination in the Evangelical Free Church.
Types of Credentials – This is a link to the EFCA web site which gives you guidance regarding the different credentials available and the requirements you must fulfill to apply.
You MUST submit all of the documents to which there are links under the type of credential for which you are applying within the link on the above web site. Your file is not considered complete until both those documents and the documents listed in the Procedures for Credentialing below are in your file at the Rocky Mountain District office.
As you submit these documents a Checklist will be created and forwarded to you giving you an idea of what has been received and what is still outstanding. Th
- Ministers Profile
- License Paper Requirements
- Ordination Paper Requirements
- Application for Ministry Credential
- Required Reading Affidavit
- Church Recommendation Letter
- Transfer of Ordination Application
- Your Part In the Credentialing Process – What to expect
- Top Ten mistakes made in writing a thesis
- Divorce Policy Exception Application – Required for anyone who is divorced or married to someone who is divorced